Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fantastic weekend

If I had a three-day weekend, I would go to Hyogo and the western part of Honshu.

On the first day, I'd like to go to Hyogo. First,I want to eat many kind of breads. In Kobe city, bread is very famous in Japan. Do you know about it? Kobeya is known in Japan what is famous bakery shop. And there are many cafe shops and bakery shops in Kobe. I can eat delicious sweets there. Next, I want to visit Amarube steel bridge. Did you see 'Stand by me'? This bridge looks like bridge which is used this movie. I like this movie, so I want to walk with my legs.


On the second day, I'd like to go to Hiroshima. First, I want to visit the Atomic Bomb Dome which is a world heritage. I want to know and learn about war more and more. It remains the Second World War. It teaches us cruel and horrible things about the war. I want to see my eyes and feel my body. Next, I want to visit Itsukushima shrine. It was built in the Heian Era. Do you know about Tairano Kiyomori? He is very famous of a historical figure. He built it. And a torii is setting up in the sea. I think it looks very mystic. So, if I'm hungry, I want to eat Hiroshima okonomiyaki. It is as popular as Osaka okonomiyaki, so it is very delicious.


On the third day, I'd like to go to Tottori. I want to visit a sand hill. It has been before hundred thousand years. We may see beautiful a wave-like pattern made on the sand by the wind, special land form 'Suribachi' and sand hill plants. I think it is mystic and fantastic.


If I had a three-day weekend, I would go to Hyogo, Hiroshima and Tottori. Next spring vacation, I want to be realized this journey. After this trip, I'll tell you about my impression!

4 comments:

Sarah Feehan said...

Are these places close together? I have a feeling it is easier to visit many places in Japan than it is in America. This is a good thing since I want to see many places in Japan and might not have a lot of free time.

When you were talking about going to Hiroshima you said, "I want to see my eyes and feel my body." This sentence would be better understood if you said, "I want to see it with my own eyes and feel it with my own body."

I hope you are able to make your trip someday soon!

nattsu said...

To Sarah Feehan
Thanks comments!!
These places are very close together. Surely, Japan is very small country. So we can move another prefecture very easily.
To contrast,America is big country. I think you can't move easily. I'm lucky!!

I'm going to go there next spring vacation. Then I'll report!!

John said...

When I go to Japan I really want to go and see Hiroshima, because of the atomic bombing that happened there. I find WWII to be a very interesting subject, and Japan is the only country in the world that has ever been bombed with an atomic bomb. I watched a documentary about the survivors, and what happened to them when the bomb was dropped. Because of this, I also would like to go to Hiroshima.

nattsu said...

To John
Thanks comments!
I'm happy because you are interested in WWⅡ. It's very serious thing in Japan.
Before, I visited Okinawa where was done a ground war.I felt very sad and I learned a lot of things.

Please try to go to Hiroshima if you have chance!!