Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Great weekend


If I had a long weekend, I would go to Kyoto. I went there on a school excursion in junior high school. It is great memory!! There are many Japanese cultures and structures in Kyoto. ‘Kiyomizudera’ is a world cultural heritage. It is beautiful temple and a lot of nature around it. We can see various style of this temple every four seasons. I would buy ‘Yatuhashi’if I visit Kyoto. It is famous sweets as a souvenir from Kyoto. It is kind of a rice cake and it has various tastes. For example, chocolate, strawberry, melon….and so on. It is delicious. Do you know the young Japanese dancing girls of Kyoto? They are called ‘Maiko’. They put on unique makeup. They powder their face. They have a guest be amused by their dancing at a banquet. To my regret, I had never seen them. So I want to see them on next trip on Kyoto. Kyoto is great place so I want to visit there again. If you come to Japan, I recommend you go to Kyoto.

3 comments:

Sarah Feehan said...

Do all schools go on excursions to Kyoto? It seems like a very popular place. Also, does the entire school go on these excursions or only a certain grade? I don't think we have anything comparable tripsin America. There are field , but those are only for a day. Sometimes there are trips you can go on in high school, but they are only for the people who sign up and can pay.

Takefumi said...

Hallo~!Sarah

I think most of schools go on excursions. They go to various places in part of Japan. Mainly, Okinawa, Hiroshima, Nagasaki are popular as a school excursion. There are a lot of the histories of the Pacific Wars in those places. Hiroshima and Nagasaki are known to everyone as the only being bombed place in the world.

We go on these shool excursions in our second year at our school. All of the students are look forward to going on school excursions. I think it will be a great memory of school days.

John said...

When I go to Japan I really want to see Kyoto. I have heard there is a lot of culture in Kyoto since it was the ancient capital of Japan. I now want to buy Yatuhashi! It sounds very interesting, and the fact that is it rice cakes with all assorted flavors sounds like I will have no problems finding one that I would like!