Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cosplay is very fun!

Hello! Today,I talk about Japanese fashion, especially "Cosplay"!! Do you know Cosplay? It is a shortened form of the English word "costume play". Lovers of animations or video games get into the characters. This event started in Japan and now, it spread all over the world. I found that Cosplay is very popular in some countries for one of the Japanese culture.

In the U.S, people have disguised in Halloween for a long time, but Cosplay means mainly disguising such as animation characters in Japan. And Cosplayers are usually in the special events, for example, the comic markets or the live concert halls. I have told in my blog yet, in my school festival, we have a costume parade. In the parade, many people do Cosplay!

One of the most famous Cosplayer is Shoko Nakagawa. Do you know her? She is very cute but crazy about animations. She is very popular idle and she has spread "Cosplay" in Japan. I yearn for her.^^* And she is a queen of blog in Japan. Her blog is very amusing and I recommend you looking it. In her blog, she publishes many her pictures and sometimes she does Cosplay!
http://ameblo.jp/nakagawa-shoko/

Cosplay is very fun! I disguised as Wendy by "Peter pan" last year in my school festival and enjoyed very much! Have you ever experienced Cosplay? If you have never experienced, let's disguise as your favorite character!(^0^)/♪

4 comments:

Chris Champoux said...

Hey Hatsune!

I've cosplayed before. When I go to the different conventions here in the US I almost always do. I don't know if you know all of these characters, but some of the characters I've cosplayed as are:
Neuro from Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, Sora from .hack//SIGN, Kaji from Evangelion, and Sanji from One Piece. I also plan on cosplaying Rance from Sengoku Rance for a convention in April.

Well, see you around!

John said...

Hey Hatsunechan!

I did not know about Cosplay for a long time, lol. But when I was a freshman at my university, some of my friends told me about it, and said I should go. I never had gone, and I didn't know what to do. But, my friends talked me into going. We went to Anime Boston, and I dressed up as Chris Redfield from Resident Evil. I enjoyed it, because a lot of people recognized my costume, and lots of people liked it. XD

Hatsune said...

> Chris☆

Hi Chris! Thank you for your comment.

You've cosplayed many times! I was surprised! I don't know about animation very well, but Sanji from One Piece is one of my favorite characters! I envy you...^^

I know Sengoku Rance because you wrote in your blog about that before. I want to see your Rance!

Hatsune said...

> John☆

Hi John! Thank you for your comment.

I also didn't know about Cosplay for a long time. After I knew about that, I was very interested in that.

I don't know Resident Evil and I want to see your cosplayed picture!