Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"Ganguro" girls in Japan!

Today, I will talk about "ganguro" fashion in Japan.

Do you know "ganguro"? It was the most popular fashion among young girls about 10 years ago. In Japanese, "gan" means face and "guro" means black. As that word means, "ganguro" is people who make up black like pictures. Somehow, they make up white only around eyes and mouth. I think they looks like the reverse panda. You may think they are very strange, but there were many "ganguro" especially in Shibuya. Of course, I was not.

What do you think about "ganguro"? It's funny fashion, isn't it? I want to know American fashion:) Please teach me ♪

4 comments:

John said...

Hey Arisachan!

I think gangura is very different! But, it's all good, everyone can wear whatever they want. =P
Idk when it comes to fashion. I usually wear a shirt and jeans, lol. I like hats. I have some hats from London, and Spain that I like to where. I also have beanies, which are lick winter hats that you wear. I also like my scarfs that I got in Spain too. I like wearing international clothes I guess... =P

Chris Champoux said...

I've heard of ganguro before. It's scary. D: As for American fashion, well, I'm not the best source. I usually wear khaki pants/shorts and a t-shirt. I don't wear trendy things. But at least I save money. :Dd

Anonymous said...

>John
Hi,John! Thank you for your comment.

How fashionable you are!^^ You like Spanish fashion. I seldom wear hats, but I sometimes wear nit caps. It makes me warm.

Anyway, let's enjoy our fashion!

Anonymous said...

>Chris
Hi, Chris. Thank you for your comment.

I think ganguro is scary. They looks like ghost><
I think our fashion is almost same.I like not only pretty but also cheap fashion.